Monday, October 24, 2011

A day in Singapore

Before heading to Diego Garcia, we had a day to catch up and rest in Singapore.  I woke up at a decent time (9am), skyped with Ben and my parents, did a little bit of work (yes I am a dork, but I had to get some things done).  Around lunch time I met up with my travel buddy Adam, and we had a really great lunch of Carls Jr. (we were hungry and it smelled good, don't judge!).  After lunch we headed to downtown Singapore for some sight seeing.  Given that I was(am) fairly jet-lagged, and I don't want to get sick before we even get to Diego Garcia, we took the easy route and bought a ticket for one of those open air hop on hop off tour busses.  My observations from this brief trip is that Singapore is a crazy, loud, bustling city with a lot going on ... it also appears that Singapore must be constantly growing ... the entire down town is under construction.  Here are some quick pictures of the city (most of them were taken from the tour bus, so they are not super great :( )



Singapore Money

PEACH FANTA!  Why don't we have this at the US?

Pool at the hotel ... you can swim around the planters :)

Taking the MRT to downtown Singapore

Anti-Suicide signs for the MRT ...  
They have the Coffee Bean in Singapore, but they don't have them in CO, hrmph

What are these crazy weird monster characters hiding behind trees and in the grass?  They seem to have them in every park in Singapore (well all 3 of the parks we saw!)

Entrance to Little India ... I want to go back and try some vegetarian food!

One of the many views of the Singapore sky scrapers.  Its pretty obvious that business is booming in Singapore!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you got to post these pictures before they were left behind!

    ReplyDelete