Monday, October 24, 2011

The Day Before I Left

So things will hopefully get a bit more exciting on the blog now that I am actually traveling ...
The day before I left was a whirlwind of crazyness ... and a million "last minute" visits to the office to pick up something I forgot :)  To make sure that I enjoyed my last day, I had a wonderful lunch at Lupitas (amazingly cheap mexican food) with my weekly coffee group friends.  Anna bought me some magazines and Via coffee as a send off/birthday gift ... all of which are amazing!  I then made sure all of my data was transferred over to my external hard-drive (so that I can do actual PhD work while I am on this trip.)  Then Ben and I ran 12,000 errands ... which involved us driving back to my office on 3 different occasions.  It doesn't seem to matter how many lists I make or how prepared I seem to think that I am ... I always forget something important (like printing my boarding passes) ... and I end up having to head back to the office. Ben really made the evening special by making me breakfast for dinner ... we had amazing made from scratch pancakes, poached eggs, and of course BACON!!!  Despite all of my preparing and packing ahead of time, I still spent a significant chuck of the evening packing up my stuff ... and when I finally got to bed I spent too much time worrying about all the things I probably should have done before I left (most of these worries were work related).  Fortunately when I woke up in the morning, all of the worried turned into excitement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment